PCI Express to Serial Adapter | 921.6Kbps | Windows and Linux Compatible
This PCI Express RS232 serial adapter card lets you add four RS232 (DB9) serial ports to your computer through a PCI Express (PCIe) slot. The 4 port PCIe serial card enables you to interact with serial devices, such as card readers, printers, PIN pads, and modems, at speeds of up to 921.6Kbps.
With broad OS support, including for Windows and Linux, this PCI E serial card is easy to integrate into mixed environments. The card comes pre-configured with low-profile brackets and includes optional full-profile brackets, so installation is easy regardless of the case form factor. This card is a direct replacement for PEX4S952LP.
Experience Optimal Technology
This PCIe to serial adapter supports the following features:
Compatible with industry-standard 16950 UART
Supports max baud rate of up-to 921.6Kbps
Provides 5/12V power output on Pin 9 when external power is connected
256-byte depth FIFO cache per transmitter and receiver
Supports 9, 8, 7, 6, 5 data bits (one per port)
Asix AX99100 chipset
PCI Express 1.1 compliant
The Choice of IT Pros Since 1985
StarTech.com conducts thorough compatibility and performance testing on all our products to ensure we are meeting or exceeding industry standards and providing high-quality products to IT Professionals. Our local StarTech.com Technical Advisors have broad product expertise and work directly with our StarTech.com Engineers to provide support for our customers both pre and post-sales.
PEX4S03LP is backed by a StarTech.com lifetime warranty and free lifetime technical support.
The StarTech.com Advantage
– Install in home or office workstations
– Connect to automated self-service kiosks or ATM machines
– Connect in retail POS applications
– Connect serial printers and other legacy devices to modern computers
- 4 PORT SERIAL CARD: Serial controller card w/16950 UART based on ASIX AX99100, allows 4x DB9 ports w/bi-directional RS232 speeds up to 921.6Kbps per port, available 256 byte FIFO buffer_x000D_
- OPTIONAL CONFIGURABLE POWER: PCIe multiport serial card provides 12v, 5v, or none through pin 9 w/up to 2A total; Each of the 4 ports are individually configurable; DB44 to 4x DB9 breakout cable incl_x000D_
- STANDARD PROFILE & LOW PROFILE BRACKET: PCI Express RS232 serial adapter card has low profile bracket pre-installed & 1x standard bracket incl for versatile install; Supports Windows XP and up & Linux_x000D_
- VERSATILE APPLICATIONS: For low/standard profile desktop/servers w/ uses in point of sale terminals, PLCs, control/automation in factories, scientific sensors, medical equipment, scanner, oscilloscope_x000D_
- STARTECH.COM ADVANTAGE: IT professionals choice for over 30 years; PCI-e RS232 Serial expansion card is backed for life by StarTech.com, incl. free 24/5 North America based multi-lingual tech support_x000D_