ASUS PRIME 300 Series
ASUS Prime 300 Series motherboards provide the solid foundation needed for your first build, plus flexibility to grow with your ambitions. We’ve melded all the good stuff that’s packed into the latest 8th Generation Intel® Core™ processors with essential ASUS design and engineering, so you benefit from industry-leading technologies — including automated system tuning, comprehensive cooling controls, and immersive onboard audio. When you build with an ASUS Prime 300 Series motherboard, you build smart, easy and affordably.
Improved DDR4 Stability
ASUS OptiMem preserves memory signal integrity by routing traces and vias to the optimal PCB layer, and our T-Topology trace layout ensures time-aligned signalling by balancing trace lengths between memory slots. These enhancements allow the Prime 300 Series to support a wide range of dual and quad-DIMM memory kits, while providing your rig with the stability it needs to deal with any type of workload – whether you’re gaming or running intensive applications.
ASUS OptiMem Benefits:
• Improved memory stability and compatibility.
• Allows lower memory latencies at equivalent voltages.
• Improved memory frequency margin.
*Tested by using Synopsys HSPICE simulation software.
All-Round Energy Efficiency
With the Energy Processing Unit (EPU) you’ll enjoy system-wide power savings. The EPU automatically optimises power consumption and maximises savings with Away mode — a smart setting that creates an extreme energy-saving scenario by shutting down unused I/O controllers.
Flexible Cooling Controls
Prime 300 Series motherboards offer comprehensive control over system fans, via the included Fan Expert software. Auto-Tuning mode intelligently configures all parameters with a single click.
Cooler by Design
Prime 300 Series features the most comprehensive cooling controls ever, configurable via ASUS Fan Xpert software or the UEFI BIOS.
• Multiple Temperature Sources: Each header can be set to monitor and react to up to three thermal sensors. Via Fan Xpert, you can also assign a sensor to monitor the temperature of supported ASUS graphics cards to ensure optimal cooling during GPU- or CPU-intensive workloads.
• 4-Pin PWM/DC Fan: Each on-board CHA FAN header supports PWM and DC mode.
Media-Acclaimed UEFI BIOS
The UEFI BIOS is an early waypoint on any PC-building journey, and Prime 300 Series has one of the best in the business. Q-Fan Control Can configure the fan’s operating speed manually, or use the easy pre-configured fan profiles to select Standard, Silent, Turbo or Full Speed modes, plus automatic switch to full speed if the temperature hits 75°C.
• Intuitive Graphical Fan Control: Fine-tune individual fans simply by dragging a curve with the mouse.
• SATA Information: Display SATA port details that help you easily recognise drives.
• Fast Clock Adjustment: Use mouse controls to change the time and date.
• My Favourites: Quickly find tuning options and add preferred tools to the list.
• User Profile: Save BIOS settings for migration to new BIOS version or system.
• SATA Port Renaming: Rename SATA ports for easy identification.
USB 3.1 Gen 1 Front-Panel Connector: Future-Proof Connectivity
USB 3.1 Gen 1 is right where you need it, with two super-speed headers for the front panel. Experience data-transfer speeds up to 10X faster than USB 2.0 with instant plug-and-play connectivity, and avoid back-breaking contortions in the hunt for hard-to-reach rear ports.
Built to Last
ASUS is the world’s leading motherboard brand. Our motherboards are extensively tested for compatibility with more than 1,000 components and devices, and each new model undergoes a minimum of 8,000 hours of strict validation — offering the peace of mind of knowing that your ASUS motherboard is fit for all environments and applications. Choosing ASUS is an assurance of trouble-free DIY experiences.
• 5X Protection III: Hardware safeguards to ensure long-term durability.
• 520+ DDR4 Compatibility: Industry-leading DDR4 memory compatibility for best flexibility and reassurance.
• 1000+ Compatible Devices: Compatibility with a range of CPUs, memory modules, graphics cards and more.
• 8000+ Validation Hours: Extensive testing with latest components for enhanced reliability, compatibility and safety.
5X Protection III
Prime 300 Series motherboards are engineered with industry-leading 5X Protection III, employing the finest components, excellent circuit design and exacting standards to guarantee the quality and long-term durability of your investment. That means exceptional protection and stability for your build — thanks to decades of engineering experience from the world’s leading motherboard brand.
SafeSlot Core: Fortified PCIe Slot Prevents Damage
SafeSlot Core is the ASUS-exclusive PCIe® slot. Featuring a fortified design that’s anchored to the motherboard by a special hook, Safeslot Core provides 1.6X-stronger retention and 1.3X-greater shearing resistance than standard expansion slots.
Our Prime 300 Series motherboards also have strengthened solder points around both the PCIe and DIMM pins.
LANGuard: Pumped-Up Throughput, 2.5X-Higher Surge Tolerance
ASUS LANGuard is hardware-level networking protection that employs signal-coupling technology and premium anti-EMI surface-mounted capacitors to ensure a more reliable connection and better throughput.
Over-voltage Protection: World-Class Circuit-Protecting Power Design
An exclusive circuit design with built-in voltage regulators protects your motherboard from damage caused by unexpected high-level voltages from unstable or inferior power supplies.
DIGI+ VRM: Precision Control for Stable Power
ASUS-exclusive DIGI+ VRM intelligently delivers power to the processor based on real-time demands, reducing energy waste and improving system stability.
DRAM Over-current Protection: Short-Circuit Damage Prevention
On-board resettable fuses prevent overcurrent and short-circuit damage. This extends beyond I/O ports to DRAM, providing a safeguard to protect the lifespan of your system and connected devices.
Stainless-Steel Back I/O Panel: 3X Corrosion-Resistance for Greater Durability
Corrosion-resistant stainless-steel back I/O panels bonded with chromium oxide assure a lifespan that’s 3X longer than ordinary panels.
ESD Guards: Electrostatic Discharge Protection
ASUS ESD Guards prolong the life of components while preventing damage from electrostatic discharge, providing protection for up to +/- 10kV of air discharge and +/- 6kV of contact discharge.
8000+ Validation Hours
8000+ Validation HoursASUS motherboards offer superb endurance. We verify this by subjecting every board to more than 8,000 hours of stringent tests. A barrage of burn-in, environmental, compatibility, software and safety tests confirm that our motherboards are exceptionally robust. It also shows that ASUS reliability surpasses industry standards, ensuring that every component is designed to function flawlessly in any environment.
• Temperature and Humidity Tests: Ensures components withstand extreme conditions.
• Thermal Measurement Tests: Ensures that the system remains cool and stable under the heaviest loads.
• Insertion Tests: Every port and connector is put through repeated installation cycles.
• Aging Tests: Up to 48-hour aging test ensures reliability.
• Power-Consumption Tests: Delivers world-class energy efficiency.
• Temperature and DC Margin Tests: Ensures that the motherboard is capable of coping with voltages fluctuations caused by varying temperatures.
• Thermal-Shock Tests: Ensures ability to survive temperature changes during transportation.
• Non-Operation Shock Tests: Built to withstand jolts that may occur during shipping.
• Burn-In Tests: Every component is checked to ensure flawless operation.
• Installation Tests: Connector placement is double-checked to ensure hassle-free installation.
• Drop Tests: Drop tests from various heights ensure durability.
• Salt and Spray Tests: Tested for I/O reliability, prolonged lifespan and rust-resistance.
Outstanding Audio: Combined On-Board Features Deliver Elevated Audio
Intelligent design and premium hardware create audio quality unlike anything you’ve ever experienced!
• Audio Shielding: Separates analogue/digital signal domains, significantly reducing multi-lateral interference.
• Separate Layer for Left and Right Tracks: Ensures minimal crosstalk between audio paths.
• Premium Japanese-Made Audio Capacitors: Premium parts provide an immersive sound signature, with exceptional fidelity.
Beyond VR Ready: Complete Your Immersion
Prime 300 series isn’t just VR ready — it goes way beyond. The ASUS Beyond VR Ready marque means that Prime 300 series has been tested with loads of class-leading components to ensure that your productivity, gaming and entertainment needs are tuned for maximum performance. ASUS Beyond VR Ready opens up a new way to configure and build your dream system with total confidence.
Intel H310 Chipset
The Intel® H310 is a single-chipset design that supports 8th Generation Intel® Core™ LGA1151 processors. It provides improved performance by utilising serial point-to-point links, allowing increased bandwidth and stability. Additionally, the H310 chipset provides a maximum of four USB 3.1 Gen 1 ports, four SATA 6Gbps ports, and 10Gbps M.2 and PCIe 2.0 lane-speed support, for faster data retrieval. Intel H310 also supports integrated-graphics, so you’ll enjoy the very latest in graphics performance.
Ready for 8th Generation Intel LGA1151 Core Processors
This motherboard supports 8th Generation Intel® Core™ processors in the LGA1151 package, with integrated graphics, memory and PCI Express controllers to support on-board graphics output with dedicated chipsets, dual-channel (2-DIMM) DDR4 memory and 16 PCI Express 3.0/2.0 lanes for great performance.