Dual Port 10GbE I/O Module
The dual 10 Gb I/O module provides two 10 Gbit external Ethernet connections.
– Intel 82571EB Gb Ethernet Controller;
– Dual port;
– Ethernet interface for 1000BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, and 10BASE-T;
– Can be implemented in a very small area;
– Onboard System Management Bus (SMB) ports;
– PCI Express x4 interface.
The Intel 82571EB Gb Ethernet Controller is a single, compact component with two fully integrated Gb Ethernet Media Access Control (MAC) and physical layer (PHY) ports. This device uses the PCI Express architecture and also enables a dual-port Gb Ethernet implementation. The Intel 82571EB Gb Ethernet Controller provides two IEEE 802.3 Ethernet interfaces for 1000BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, and 10BASE-T applications. Both ports also integrate a Serializer-Deserializer (SerDes) to support 1000BASE-SX or 1000BASE-LX (optical fiber) and Gb backplane applications. In addition to managing MAC and PHY Ethernet layer functions, the controller manages PCI Express packet traffic across its transaction, link, and physical/logical layers.
The Intel 82571EB Gb Ethernet Controller for PCI Express is designed for high-performance and low memory latency. The device is optimized to connect to a system Memory Control Hub (MCH) using up to four PCI Express lanes. Wide internal data paths eliminate performance bottlenecks by efficiently handling large address and data words. Combining parallel and pipelined logic architecture optimized for Gb Ethernet and for independent transmit and receive queues, the controller efficiently handles packets with minimum latency. The controller includes advanced interrupt-handling features and uses efficient ring-buffer descriptor data structures with up to 64 packet descriptors cached on chip. A large 48 Kbyte per port on-chip packet buffer maintains superior performance. Using hardware acceleration, the controller offloads tasks from the host, such as checksum calculations for Transmission Control Protocol (TCP), User Datagram Protocol (UDP), and Internet Protocol (IP); header and data splitting; and TCP segmentation.
The Dual Gb Ethernet I/O module provides a SPI serial EEPROM to store configuration and informational data. This includes pre-boot configuration data, MAC addresses, and serial numbers for the 82571EB.
PCI Express x4 Connector
The Dual Gb Ethernet I/O module contains one 50-pin connector.
The Dual Gb Ethernet I/O module contains two Ethernet Magjacks which are compatible with
10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet connection.
– Intel Server Board S5520UR;
– Intel Server Board S5500WB;
– Intel Server Board S5500WB12V;
– Intel Server Board S5520URT;
– Intel Server System SR1680MV;
– Intel Server System SR2625URLXR;
– Intel Server System SR2625URLXT;
– Intel Server System SR2625URBRPR;
– Intel Server System SR1600URR;
– Intel Server System SR1600URHSR;
– Intel Server System SR1625URR;
– Intel Server System SR1625URSASR;
– Intel Server System SR2600URBRPR;
– Intel Server System SR2600URLXR;
– Intel Server System SR2600URSATAR;
– Intel Server System SR1695WBAC;
– Intel Server System SR1695WBDC;
– Intel Server System SR1690WBR.
There are no reviews yet.