Add Gigabit Ethernet connectivity and 3 USB 3.0 Hub ports to a computer through a single SuperSpeed USB 3.0 port
The ST3300U3S USB 3.0 Gigabit Network Adapter turns a single SuperSpeed USB 3.0 host connection port into an RJ45 Gigabit network port as well as three additional USB 3.0 hub ports.
Unlike a USB 2.0-based adapter, this USB 3.0-based NIC lets you connect to your home or office network at full Gigabit bandwidth, with support for 10/100/1000Mbps. Plus, with support for features such as Jumbo Frames, VLAN tagging and Wake on LAN (WoL), this versatile network adapter offers a comprehensive Gigabit network solution.
On top of Gigabit Ethernet connectivity, the adapter also adds three USB 3.0 hub ports to your system, which allow you to connect external storage or other USB peripherals locally to the host computer. The hub ports support USB 3.0 speeds of up to 5 Gbps, as well as fast charging for mobile devices (e.g. iPhone, iPad and most Android devices).
Backward compatible with USB 2.0 and USB 1.x standards, the Gigabit Adapter/USB 3.0 hub will still support older USB devices and can also be used with an older system that does not have USB 3.0 ports (network speed limited by USB 1.x/2.0 bus), allowing you to mix and match USB 3.0/2.0/1.x devices. For further portability, the adapters can be used with or without the included external power adapter, eliminating the hassle of having to find an available wall outlet.
Backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
The StarTech.com Advantage
– Maximize capability by turning a single USB 3.0 slot into a Gigabit network connection and 3 port USB 3.0 hub
– Simpler connection of multiple USB devices, with increased spacing between USB ports
– Added length of USB 3.0 cable provides more convenience in extending USB connection further away from PC or Laptop vs typical USB dongle adapters
– Delivers sufficient power to high-powered USB devices, with the optional power adapter (included)
– Compact and portable, the USB 3.0 hub can be powered through USB