The Allied Telesis x530L Series are a high-performing and feature-rich choice for today’s networks. A choice of 24 or 48 Gigabit ports and 4 x 10 Gigabit uplinks, combined with the ability to stack multiple units, make the x530L Series a versatile solution for enterprise applications.
Power over Ethernet Plus (PoE+) models enable connecting and powering wireless access points, IP surveillance cameras, and other devices.
Powerful network management
Allied Telesis Autonomous Management Framework™ (AMF) automates many everyday tasks including configuration management, easing the workload of modern networks. The entire network can be managed as a single virtual device with powerful centralized features. Growing the network can be accomplished with plug-and-play simplicity, and network node recovery is fully zero-touch.
AMF secure mode increases network security with management traffic encryption, authorization and monitoring. AMF Guestnode allows third-party devices, such as IP phones and security cameras, to be part of the AMF network.
Today’s converging online services mean there is increasing demand for highly-available networks with minimal downtime. Allied Telesis Virtual Chassis Stacking (VCStack™), in conjunction with link aggregation, provides a network with no single point of failure and application resiliency.
x530L Series switches can form a VCStack of up to eight units for enhanced resiliency and simplified device management. Mixed stacking allows the x530L Series to stack with x530 Series Switches. Virtual Chassis Stacking over Long Distance (VCStack™ LD), which enables stacks to be created over long distance fiber links, makes the x530L Series the perfect choice for distributed environments too.
Allied Telesis Ethernet Protection Switched Ring (EPSRing™), and the standards-based G.8032 Ethernet Ring Protection, ensure that distributed network segments have high-speed, resilient access to online resources and applications.
The x530L Series was designed with reliability in mind, and guarantees continual delivery of essential services. With dual built-in Power Supply Units (PSUs) and near-hitless online stack reconfiguration, maintenance can be performed without affecting network uptime.
A secure network environment is guaranteed. The x530L Series offers powerful control over network traffic types, secure management options, loop guard to protect against cabling mistakes, and tri-authentication for comprehensive access control.
The x530L Series ensures a future-proof network, with superior flexibility and the ability to stack multiple units. All x530L models feature 10 Gigabit uplink ports and a comprehensive IPv6 feature set, to ensure they are ready for future network traffic demands.
The x530L Series supports Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE), automatically reducing the power consumed by the switch whenever there is no traffic on a port. This sophisticated feature significantly lowers operating costs by reducing the power requirements of the switch and any associated cooling equipment.
Allied Telesis Autonomous Management Framework™ (AMF)
– AMF is a sophisticated suite of management tools that provide a simplified approach to network management. Powerful features like centralized management, auto-backup, auto-upgrade, auto-provisioning and auto-recovery enable plug-and-play networking and zero-touch management.
– Any x530L Series switch can operate as the AMF network master, storing firmware and configuration backups for other network nodes. The AMF master enables auto-provisioning and auto-upgrade by providing appropriate files to new network members. New network devices can be pre-provisioned, making installation easy because no onsite configuration is required.
– AMF Guestnode allows Allied Telesis wireless APs and other switching products, as well as third-party devices such as IP phones and security cameras, to be part of an AMF network.
Virtual Chassis Stacking (VCStack™)
– Create a VCStack of up to 8 units with 40 Gbps of stacking bandwidth for each unit. Stacking links are connected in a ring so each device has dual connections to further improve resiliency. VCStack provides a highly-available system where network resources are spread out across stacked units, reducing the impact if one of the units fails. Aggregating switch ports on different units across the stack provides excellent network resiliency.
– Mixed stacking allows the x530L Series to stack with x530 Series switches, providing flexible deployment options.
Long-Distance Stacking (VCStack™ LD)
– VCStack LD allows a VCStack to be created over longer distances, perfect for distributed network environments.
Ethernet Protection Switched Ring (EPSRing™)
– EPSRing and 10 Gigabit Ethernet allow several x530L Series switches to form high-speed protected rings capable of recovery within as little as 50ms. This feature is perfect for high performance and high availability in enterprise networks.
– Super-Loop Protection (SLP) enables a link between two EPSR nodes to be in separate EPSR domains, improving redundancy and network fault resiliency.
– The x530L Series switches can act as the ESPR Master, or be deployed as EPSR transit nodes, in a high-speed ring.
G.8032 Ethernet Ring Protection
– G.8032 provides standards-based high-speed ring protection, that can be deployed stand-alone, or interoperate with Allied Telesis EPSR.
– Ethernet Connectivity Fault Monitoring (CFM) proactively monitors links and VLANs, and provides alerts when a fault is detected.
Power over Ethernet Plus (PoE+)
– With PoE, a separate power connection to media endpoints such as IP phones and wireless access points is not necessary. PoE+ reduces costs and provides even greater flexibility, providing the capability to connect devices requiring more power (up to 30 Watts) such as pan, tilt and zoom security cameras.
– The x530L Series allows the configuration of the overall power budget, as well as the power limit per port.
Active Fiber Monitoring (AFM)
– AFM prevents eavesdropping on fiber communications by monitoring received optical power. If an intrusion is detected, the link can be automatically shut down, or an operator alert can be sent.
– Continuous PoE allows the switch to be restarted without affecting the supply of power to connected devices. Smart lighting, security cameras, and other PoE devices will continue to operate during a software upgrade on the switch.
– The x530L Series feature front to back cooling and dual PSUs.
– Voice VLAN automatically separates voice and data traffic into two different VLANs. This automatic separation places delay-sensitive traffic into a voice-dedicated VLAN, which simplifies QoS configurations.
– sFlow is an industry-standard technology for monitoring high-speed switched networks. It provides complete visibility into network use, enabling performance optimization, usage accounting/billing, and defense against security threats. Sampled packets sent to a collector ensure it always has a real-time view of network traffic.
VLAN Mirroring (RSPAN)
– VLAN mirroring allows traffic from a port on a remote switch to be analysed locally. Traffic being transmitted or received on the port is duplicated and sent across the network on a special VLAN.
– Most modern optical SFP/SFP+/QSFP transceivers support Digital Diagnostics Monitoring (DDM). This enables real time monitoring of various parameters of the transceiver, such as optical output power, temperature, laser bias current and transceiver supply voltage. Easy access to this information simplifies diagnosing problems with optical modules and fiber connections.
– Authentication options on the x530L Series also include alternatives to IEEE 802.1x port-based authentication, such as web authentication to enable guest access and MAC authentication for endpoints that do not have an IEEE 802.1x supplicant. All three authentication methods—IEEE 802.1x, MAC-based and Web-based—can be enabled simultaneously on the same port for tri-authentication.
TACACS+ Command Authorization
– Centralized control over which commands may be issued by a specific AlliedWare Plus device users. TACACS+ command authorization complements authentication and accounting services for a complete AAA solution.
Premium Software License
– By default, the x530L Series offers a comprehensive Layer 2 and basic Layer 3 feature set that includes static routing and IPv6 management features. The feature set can easily be elevated to full Layer 3 by applying the premium software license. This adds dynamic routing protocols and Layer 3 multicasting capabilities.
VLAN Access Control List (ACLs)
– Simplify access and traffic control across entire segments of the network. ACLs can be applied to a VLAN as well as a specific port.
Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) Snooping
– DHCP servers allocate IP addresses to clients, and the switch keeps a record of addresses issued on each port. IP source guard checks against this DHCP snooping database to ensure only clients with specific IP and/or MAC address can access the network. DHCP snooping can be combined with other features, like dynamic ARP inspection, to increase security in Layer 2 switched environments, and also provides a traceable history, which meets the growing legal requirements placed on service providers.
Software Defined Networking (SDN)
– OpenFlow is a key technology that enables the use of SDN to build smart applications that unlock value and reduce cost.
Resilient distribution switching
The x530L Series are ideal for distribution solutions, where resiliency and flexibility are required. In the above diagram, distribution switches utilize long-distance Virtual Chassis Stacking (VCStack LD) to create a single virtual unit out of multiple devices. By using fiber stacking connectivity, units can be kilometers apart—perfect for a distributed environment. Mixed stacking allows the x530L Series and x530 Series switches to be stacked together for even more deployment flexibility.
When combined with link aggregation, VCStack provides a solution with no single point of failure that fully utilizes all network bandwidth.
The x530L Series supports Enterprises and their use of business-critical online resources and applications, with a resilient and reliable distribution solution.
Power at the network edge
The PoE models can provide 740 Watts of power, making the full 30 Watts of PoE+ available to high-power endpoints. This flexible PoE solution can power today’s most advanced devices, including PTZ cameras with heaters/blowers, enhanced lighting management, wireless access points and more.
Dual internal PSUs provide redundancy, while Continuous PoE ensures power delivery to endpoints even during a switch firmware upgrade.
With advanced security and access control features, and built-in resiliency, the x530L Series are the ideal choice for connecting and powering devices at the network edge.
- AlliedWare Plus™ Enterprise-class operating system
- VCStackup to 8 units locally or over distance to support resilient networking
- Ethernet Protection Switched Ring (EPSRing™) and G.8032 ERPS supports high-speed resilient ring-based networks
- Power over Ethernet Plus (PoE+) supplies up to 30 Watts to connect and power endpoints such as PTZ security cameras, POS terminals, and wireless access points
- Continuous PoE ensures endpoint uptime, even during a switch firmware upgrade
- Dual fixed power supplies provide a PoE+ power budget of 740 Watts
There are no reviews yet.