Future-proof switching at entry-level price
Meet tomorrow’s needs today—even if you don’t know what those needs will be. Use the same standard ports for uplink or stacking, phase in SDN, and expand one switch stack to multiple locations. You can even add more advanced ICX family features with Campus Fabric. And only Brocade lets you manage switches across network layers from a single touchpoint.
– Full Layer 3 support on delivery; Advanced Layer 3 capabilities through the Campus Fabric
– Manageable via open standards
– Market-leading stackability with up to 12 switches per stack, and up to 80 Gbps of stacking bandwidth
– Manageable via standard CLI and BNA enterprise management tool
– Future proof with OpenFlow support for network programmability
Simple, powerful management and monitoring
– The Campus Fabric lets you combine access, aggregation, and core Brocade 7000 switches in a single management domain, and allows switches to inherit advanced features from higher-level switches in the same domain
– The Brocade Campus Fabric Technology provides deployment flexibility and consolidated management
– sFlow support provides continuous network monitoring on every port
– Auto configuration and open standards management speed operations and reduce costs
– External power supply for system power redundancy
– Redundant uplink/stacking ports
– Instantaneous hitless failover to a standby controller
– Software updates without downtime with ISSU
– Insert and remove stack members during operation
Get stand-out performance and flexibility
Let’s do the math. Eight 10 GbE ports per switch for uplink or stacking. And an industry-leading total of up to 12 switches per stack. The sum? A fast, flexible network access layer that cost-effectively meets your growing and changing needs.
Add switching where it’s needed
Need more switching throughout your network, but don’t want to increase your management load? No problem. Distribute a single switch stack across your network, connected with standard cabling, and manage the entire stack as a single switch.
Simplify your infrastructure and upgrade with advanced features
Combine an ICX 7250 access switch with an ICX 7750 aggregation/core switch in the same management domain and you’ll get centralized control across network layers. And the ICX 7250 switch will inherit the higher-end switch features, including full Layer 3 capabilities.
Power, power, anywhere
The Brocade ICX 7250 delivers power through the same cable that carries your data, reducing power adapter and receptacle requirements while increasing wiring flexibility. Plus, an external power supply lets you support the most power-hungry devices through every switch port.
Easy SDN integration
The ICX 7250 eases your transition to software networking. A unique hybrid port supports OpenFlow 1.3 and traditional networking flows on the same port at the same time. So you can build tomorrow’s infrastructure without disrupting today’s business.