Build a reliable, easy-to-use business network at an affordable price
From connectivity to cloud applications, networking plays a crucial role in every business journey. Reliability, security, and affordability continue to be top of mind while ongoing management and operations add additional complexity that take time and resources.
Cisco Business is a portfolio of affordable wireless access points, switches and routers designed and built for Small Business. Managed through Cisco Business Dashboard and mobile app, the portfolio provides a simple and reliable experience. Cisco Business Dashboard simplifies traditional challenges in deploying and managing business networks by automating the deployment, monitoring and lifecycle management of the network.
Cisco Business 250 series smart switches
The Cisco Business 250 Series is the next generation of affordable smart switches that combine powerful performance and reliability with a complete suite of the features you need for a solid business network. These switches provide flexible management options, comprehensive security capabilities and Layer 3 static routing features far beyond those of an unmanaged or consumer-grade switch, at a lower cost than for fully managed switches. When you need a reliable solution to share online resources and connect computers, phones, and wireless access points, Cisco Business 250 Series Smart Switches provide the ideal solution at an affordable pricing point.
Whether you need basic, high-speed connectivity for your computers and servers or a comprehensive voice, data, and wireless technology solution, Cisco Business 250 Series switches can meet your business needs. Possible deployment scenarios include:
– High-speed desktop connectivity: Cisco Business 250 Series switches can quickly and securely connect employees working in small offices with one another and with all of the printers, servers, and other networking devices. High performance and reliable connectivity help speed up file transfers and data processing, improve network uptime, and keep your employees productive.
– Flexible wireless connectivity: Cisco Business 250 Series switches work with Cisco and third-party wireless solutions to extend the reach of your network. With security features, Power over Ethernet Plus (PoE+), Virtual Local Area Network (VLAN), and QoS, these switches are the perfect foundation to add enterprise-grade wireless solutions to a network. The capability of up to 30W of power per port provided through the Ethernet cable means you can easily deploy Cisco Business Wireless access points to maximize workforce productivity.
– Unified communications: The Cisco Business 250 Series provides QoS features to enable you to prioritize delay-sensitive traffic in your network and let you converge all of your communications solutions such as IP telephony and video surveillance onto a single Ethernet network. Cisco offers a complete portfolio of IP telephony and other unified communications products designed for small businesses, and Cisco 250 Series switches have been rigorously tested to help ensure easy integration and full compatibility with these and other vendor products.
Features and benefits
– Cisco Business 250 Series Smart Switches provide all of the features you need to create a basic enterprise-class network at an affordable price. These features include:
– Easy configuration and management: Cisco Business 250 Series switches are designed to be easy to deploy and use by small businesses or the partners that serve them:
– Cisco Business Dashboard is designed to manage Cisco Business switches, routers, and wireless access points. It lets you easily customize the interface and widgets to proactively manage your network. Cisco Business 250 Series switches support embedded probe for Cisco Business Dashboard, eliminating the need to set up a separate hardware or virtual machine on site. For more information, visit www.cisco.com/go/cbd.
– The Cisco Network Plug and Play solution provides a simple, secure, unified, and integrated offering to ease new device rollouts or for provisioning updates to an existing network. The solution provides a unified approach to provision Cisco routers, switches, and wireless devices with a near-zero-touch deployment experience.
– The redesigned modern web user interfaces reduce the time required to deploy, troubleshoot, and manage the network. Configuration wizards simplify the most common configuration tasks and provide the ultimate tool for anyone to set up and manage the network.
– Reliability and performance: Cisco Business 250 Series switches have been tested to deliver the high performance and reliability you would expect from a Cisco switch and help you prevent costly downtime. The switches speed file transfer times, improve slow and sluggish networks, keep your vital business applications available, and help your employees respond more quickly to customers and each other. With a network based on Cisco Business 250 Series switches, you can address all of your business communications and connectivity needs and reduce the total cost of ownership of your technology infrastructure. Cisco Business 250 Series switches also support 10 Gigabit Ethernet uplinks on select models, so you can build a high-performance and future-ready network to support your thriving business.
– Layer 3 static routing: This capability allows you to segment your network into separate workgroups and communicate across VLANs without degrading application performance. As a result, you can manage internal routing with your switches and dedicate your router to external traffic and security, helping your network run more efficiently.
– Power over Ethernet (PoE): Cisco Business 250 Series switches are available with PoE+ on Gigabit Ethernet models. This capability enables the deployment of IP telephony, wireless, video surveillance, and other solutions with just a single network cable, thereby eliminating the need for separate power supplies or cabling. PoE+ provides up to 30W of power per port, ideal for deployments of 802.11ac wireless access points, Pan-Tilt-Zoom (PTZ) IP cameras, videophones, and thin client devices, delivering more flexibility and investment protection.
– Network security: Cisco Business 250 Series switches provide the security and network management features you need to maintain a high level of security for your business, keep unauthorized users off the network, and protect your business data. The switches include integrated network security to reduce the risk of a security breach, with IEEE 802.1X port security to control access to your network, Denial-of-Service (DoS) attack prevention to increase network uptime during an attack, and extensive Access Control Lists (ACLs) to protect sensitive portions of the network from unauthorized users and guard against network attacks.
– Flexible and compact design: The sleek and compact design provide additional deployment flexibility, including outside wiring closet installation such as retail stores, open plan offices, and classrooms without disturbing the environment.
– An energy-efficient solution: Cisco Business 250 Series switches are designed to be energy efficient and eco-friendly without compromising performance. They help conserve energy by optimizing power use, which helps protect the environment and lowers your energy costs. Power-saving features include:
– Support for the Energy Efficient Ethernet (IEEE 802.3az) standard, which reduces energy consumption by monitoring the amount of traffic on an active link and putting the link into a sleep state during quiet periods
– Automatic power shutoff on ports when a link is down
– Fan-less design in most models, which reduces power consumption, increases reliability, and provides quieter operation
– Peace of mind and investment protection: Cisco Business 250 Series switches offer the reliable performance, investment protection, and peace of mind you expect from a Cisco switch. Complementary one-year access to our Small Business Support Center for ongoing support. Limited lifetime warranty with return to factory replacement keeps your business running smoothly.