The HPE OfficeConnect 1405 Switch Series is a plug-and-play unmanaged fixed-port Layer 2 switch designed for small offices. These switches are preconfigured with connections using low-cost Ethernet copper cabling. They are Class B certified, energy efficient and quiet. They support administration-friendly features such as auto-negotiation. Designed for high reliability, long life, and low power consumption, they are ideal for businesses concerned with total cost of ownership.
– New entry level 5G- and 8G- port switches for small offices.
– Plug and play, no configuration required.
– Quality of Service (QoS) and flow control for improved network efficiency.
– Energy Efficient Ethernet for low power consumption.
– 3 year warranty with 24X7 phone support for 90 days.
Ease of Use
– The HPE OfficeConnect 1405 Switch Series offers unmanaged plug-and-play simplicity.
– A comprehensive LED display with per-port indicators provides an at-a-glance view of status, activity, speed, and full duplex operation.
– Flow control helps to provide reliable communications during full-duplex operation.
– Connectivity and Performance
– The HPE OfficeConnect 1405 Switch Series with Auto-MDIX automatically adjusts to straight-through or crossover cables on all 10/100 and 10/100/1000 ports.
– Jumbo packet support for Gigabit Ethernet ports only offers up to 9216-byte frame size to improve performance of larger data transfers.
Half/Full duplex auto-negotiating capability on every port doubles the throughput of every port.
Quality of Service (QoS)
– The HPE OfficeConnect 1405 Switch Series has IEEE 802.1p prioritization delivering data to devices based on priority and type of traffic.
– The switches support energy efficient Ethernet.
– Fanless design: enables quiet operation for deployment in open spaces (selected models).
– Green initiative support: provides support for RoHS and WEEE regulations.
– Energy savings: utilizes Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE) standard (IEEE 802.3az) and idle-port powerdown for energy savings (v2 only).