Ideal, High-performance Integration Solution for Small Secure IP Surveillance Infrastructure
PLANET GSD-804P is equipped with eight 10/100/1000BASE-T ports, four of which are 802.3at PoE+ copper interfaces. With a total PoE power budget of up to 60 watts and non-blocking data switching performance, the GSD-804P fulfills the demand of sufficient PoE power for HD IP surveillance. It comes with a 9-inch desktop-sized metal housing and reliable PoE power solution suitable for SOHOs, small businesses and system integrators for deploying Power over Ethernet networks.
Extension of Ethernet Data Transmission Distance
The built-in solid DIP switch provides “Standard” and “Extend” operation modes. The GSD-804P operates as a normal IEEE 802.3af/at PoE Switch in the “Standard” operation mode.
In the “Extend” operation mode, the GSD-804P operates on a per-port basis at 10Mbps duplex operation but can support 25-watt PoE power output over a distance of up to 250 meters overcoming the 100m limit on Ethernet UTP cable. With this brand-new feature, the GSD-804P provides an additional solution for 802.3af/at PoE distance extension, thus saving the cost of Ethernet cable installation.
Environment-friendly, Fanless Design for Silent Operation
The GSD-804P comes with a desktop-sized, compact metal housing, making the placement of the unit convenient. It features a ventilated construction in which a cooling fan is not necessary, thereby making its operation noiseless. Moreover, the GSD-804P is able to operate reliably and stably in any environment without affecting its performance. The deployment of PoE PDs with constant power feeding can be easily and quickly done.
Easy Cable Connection
With data switching and power over Ethernet integrated into one unit, the GSD-804P reduces cabling requirements and eliminates the need for dedicated electrical outlets on the wall, ceiling or any unreachable place. A wire that carries both data and power can lower the installation costs, simplify the installation effort and eliminate the need for electricians or extension cords. With 4 PoE interfaces, the GSD-804P is ideal for small businesses and workgroups making the deployment of the PoE facility including wireless access points, IP-based surveillance camera and IP phones in any places easier, more efficient and more cost-effective. * Physical Port
* 4 10/100/1000BASE-T Gigabit Ethernet RJ45 copper ports with IEEE 802.3at PoE+ Injector function (Port-1 to Port-4)
* 4 10/100/1000BASE-T Gigabit Ethernet RJ45 copper
* Power over Ethernet
* Complies with IEEE 802.3af/at Power over Ethernet end-span PSE
* Up to 4 ports of IEEE 802.3af/at devices powered
* Supports PoE Power up to 30.8 watts for each PoE port
* Each port supports 55V DC power to PoE powered device
* 60-watt PoE budget
* Auto detects powered device (PD)
* Circuit protection prevents power interference between ports
* Remote power feeding up to 100m in standard mode, 250m in extend mode
* Hardware-based 10/100/1000Mbps auto-negotiation and auto MDI/MDI-X
* Flow control for full duplex operation and back pressure for half duplex operation
* 4K MAC address table size
* 9K jumbo frame
* IEEE 802.1Q VLAN transparency
* Hardware-based DIP switch for “Standard” and “Extend” mode selection; the “Extend” mode features 25-watt PoE transmission distance of 250m at speed of 10Mbps (Port-1 to Port-4)
* 9-inch desktop size, 1U height, rack mountable
* LED indicators for system power, PoE Max, per port PoE ready and PoE activity, speed, Link/Act
* Fanless design
* Supports Energy-Efficient Ethernet (EEE) function (IEEE 802.3az)
* Supports 4000VDC Ethernet ESD protection