Faster, better inkjet technology
Inkjet technology means that not only are printouts more detailed (600dpi compared to 180dpi for existing models), they’re around twice as fast too, with a print speed of 100mm/s (23.2lps) compared to 43mm/s (13.5lps) for previous models.
Epson has managed to incorporate inkjet technology into this new model while retaining a similar low total cost of ownership to previous dot matrix printers.
The ink cartridges have an easy-install design ideal for busy retail counters, as well as drop-in paper roll for quick loading, and the ink formulation used offers better water and light resistance than dot matrix, so receipts and documents will last longer.
To make upgrading from existing models incredibly easy, the TM-J7700 is fully backwards-compatible with the TM-J7500 and has exactly the same footprint, so it can simply be swapped in. However, to integrate smoothly with the latest ePOS systems, the model offers both USB and Ethernet connection options.
- Versatile inkjet POS printer: Faster, better quality and more versatile
- Low TCO: Similar overall costs to previous dot matrix model
- Durable prints: Print is now more resistant to water and light
- Simple maintenance: Ink and paper rolls are very easy to replace
- Backwards compatible: Crisp, clear text and glossy photos