Windows 10 is your partner in making things happen. Get faster start-ups, a familiar yet expanded Start menu, and great new ways to get stuff done even across multiple devices. You’ll also love the innovative features like an all-new browser built for online action, plus Cortana, the personal digital assistant who helps you across your day.*
*Cortana available in select markets at launch; experience may vary by region and device.
What’s New in Windows 10?
Windows 10 is the best ever –familiar, easy to use, and packed with great new features for staying organized, having fun, and getting things done. It’s the Windows you love –and the Windows you can’t wait to get.
• Familiar and Better Than Ever
• Familiar and Easy to Use: The familiar Start menu is back and better than ever, to give you quick access to your most important things. And Windows works with more hardware and software, including what you already have.
• Fast and Smooth: Windows 10 starts fast, resumes fast and runs apps so smoothly even older machines feel young again. And the new Battery Saver feature helps you work and play longer than before.
• Peace of Mind: Windows 10 has more security features than ever and, with automatic updates, it helps you stay current.
• Windows 10 Compatibility: Windows 10 is designed to be compatible with programs that run on Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1. And your docs and files are preserved so you don’t need to worry about things getting lost.
• The Most Personal and Natural Experience
• Your Own Digital Assistant: Cortana is your truly personal digital assistant who works across all your Windows 10 devices to help you get things done.*
• A Warm Welcome: With Windows Hello, your device greets you by name and lets you log in with just a look or a touch –it’s faster and more secure and there’s no need to type in a password.**
• Easy Access: With a customizable Start menu and Live Tiles, you get an at-a-glance view of the things that matter most to you.
*Cortana available in select markets at launch; experience may vary by region and device. ** Windows Hello requires specialized hardware, including fingerprint reader, illuminated IR sensor or other biometric sensors.
• Work The Way You Want Across All Your Devices
• One Place for All Your Stuff: OneDrive storage provides 15 GB of free online storage so you have one place for all your photos and files –easily accessible from your phone, tablet or PC.
• Epic Gaming: From casual games to intense multi-player scenarios, PC gaming is at its best on Windows 10. Get stunning DirectX 12* visuals, the best games to play, and Xbox built-in.
• Continuum for Smooth Transitions: A great new feature called Continuum enables your apps and content to display beautifully on all screens and even as you transition from desktop to tablet mode.**
• Great Apps Built-In: Windows 10 comes with a great set of apps –including Photos, Maps, and Movies & TV –that share a common design and work the same across your Windows devices.***
*DirectX 12 only available with supported games and graphics chips. **Hardware-dependent; app experiences may vary. ***App and content availability and experience varies by market.
Be More Productive
• All-New Browser: Microsoft Edge is an all-new browser that makes the web work the way you do. You can even write* or type on webpages and easily share the mark-ups with others.
• More Multi-Doing: Get great new ways to stay organized and be productive. You can easily snap up to four apps on one screen and create virtual desktops when you need more space.
• A World of Great Apps: Windows Store is your one-stop shop for great free and paid apps, games, movies, music, and TV –all certified by Microsoft.**
• Great for Office: Windows 10 is the perfect partner for running the world’s greatest productivity suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. License not included; choose from Office 365 subscription or perpetual license versions.
*Hardware-dependent. **App and content availability and experience varies by market.FeaturesWindows 10. Great for Doing All the Things You Do
• Familiar and expanded Start menu for quick access to your favourite things.
• Fast, smooth and works with more of what you already have.
• Your own digital assistant, Cortana, to help you get things done.*
• Microsoft Edge, the all-new browser that makes the web work your way.
• Lots of great free and paid apps, games, movies, TV, and music in the Windows Store.**
• Epic gaming with the best games, graphics and Xbox built in
• Easy access to your files and photos from anywhere with OneDrive online storage
• Automatic updates help keep you current on features and security
*Cortana available in select markets at launch; experience may vary by region and device. **App and content availability varies by market.
This is a full version of Windows 10; we recommend you back up your files before installing. If you’re running Windows 7 SP1 or 8.1 Update, visit windows.com/windows10upgrade for a limited time free upgrade to Windows 10; your files will easily transfer. Windows Media Center is not available in Windows 10. Apps and features may vary by market. Updates are automatically enabled during support period; additional requirements will apply over time. Some features such as touch may require a new device. To check for compatibility, support period, and other important installation information, visit your device manufacturer’s website and windows.com/windows10specs.