Optimised M.2 NVMe Server Boot Drive with PLP
Data Centre DC1000B
Kingston’s Data Centre DC1000B is a high-performance M.2 (2280) NVMe PCIe SSD using the latest Gen 3.0 x 4 PCIe interface with 64-layer 3D TLC NAND. DC1000B offers data centres a cost-effective boot drive solution with the reassurance that they are purchasing an SSD designed for server use. The DC1000B is ideally suited as an internal boot drive for use in high-volume rack-mount servers, as well as for use in purpose-built systems that require a high-performance M.2 SSD that includes on-board power loss protection (PLP).
Enterprise Data Centre NVMe Boot SSD
M.2 NVMe SSDs are evolving within the data centre, providing efficiencies in booting servers to preserve valuable front-loading drive bays for data storage. Whitebox and Tier 1 Server OEMs are beginning to equip server motherboards with one, or sometimes two, M.2 sockets for boot purposes. While the M.2 form factor was originally designed as a client SSD form factor, its small physical size and high performance make it attractive for server use. Not all SSD are created equal and using a client SSD in a server application may result in poor, inconsistent performance.
Boot drives are used primarily for booting an OS, but in many use cases today the boot drive has a secondary purpose: logging application data and/or configured as a high-speed local cache drive. The DC1000B was therefore designed with added endurance (0.5 DWPD for 5 years) to handle the OS workload as well as the extra write workload of caching and data logging. In addition to being developed for long-term reliability, the DC1000B is designed to deliver enterprise-level performance consistency and low latency features typically not found on client SSDs. Available in 240GB and 480GB capacities*.
* Some of the listed capacity on a Flash storage device is used for formatting and other functions and is thus not available for data storage. As such, the actual available capacity for data storage is less than what is listed on the products. * M.2 (2280) NVMe PCIe SSD Gen 3.0 x 4, performance
* NVMe for server boot workloads
* Application-optimised capacities (240GB & 480GB) keep costs low
* On-board (PLP) power loss protection
* Self-encrypting drive (SED) with AES-XTS 256bit