NETGEAR Premium Business 802.11ac 4 x 4 Wave 2 Wireless Access Point, purposely designed for enterprises requiring high density and superior performance
The NETGEAR Premium Business 802.11ac 4 x 4 Wave 2 Wireless Access Point (AP) delivers high performance with maximum client density for enterprises requiring ubiquitous and reliable wireless for all business applications. The WAC740 is a controller managed Access Point with ease of centralized management with all NETGEAR wireless controllers from small (WC7500) to mid-size (WC7600) and large-size (WC9500) deployment. The WAC740 operates with Multi-User MIMO and can achieve speeds up to 600 Mbps for 2.4 GHz and 1.7 Gbps at 5 GHz. The WAC740 comes with 2 Power over Ethernet (PoE) ports, including one port that can handle up to 2.5 Gbps of throughput, enabling a single wire to connect to 2.5 Gbps capable switch for ease of wiring installation.
– ProSAFE 802.11ac AP Wave 2 provides a theoretical connection rate of up to 2.6Gbps per radio—roughly double the rates offered by today’s high-end 802.11ac access points
– Reliable wireless coverage with 4 streams of data based on 4×4 (Transmit and Receive) optimized internal antennas
– Multi-user MIMO (MU-MIMO) increases efficiency and capacity – enabling clients to utilize the RF spectrum much more efficiently by allowing multiple-AP-to client transmissions, beamforming, wider bandwidth, and improved encoding
– AirQual feature enables spectrum analysis and interference identification
– Centrally managed by ProSAFE Wireless Controllers
– 2.5GBASE-T Multi-Gigabit support eliminates bottlenecks associated with standard Gigabit Ethernet (NBASE-T switch required to obtain speeds higher than 1Gbps w/ a single port)